Wondering how you can turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. The camera sound on Snapchat can be bothersome for numerous users, particularly when capturing snaps in tranquil settings.
Turning off the camera sound on Snapchat is a frequent requirement to prevent disruptions to others or to enjoy a quieter snap-taking experience.
Upon launching the app, you’re greeted with a camera and various lenses for exploring different filters.
How to Turn Off Camera Sound on Snapchat
Typically, muting the camera sound on Snapchat is impossible as the app has not yet introduced an option. Here are the simple methods that can help you achieve it:
Method 1: Turn Off the Phone’s Camera Shutter Sound
The camera shutter sound often annoys many smartphone users, but an alternative solution is available if you prefer only to mute your device partially;
- Launch the Camera app on your Android mobile device.
- Navigate to the camera’s settings and check where you’ll find an option for sounds.
- Toggle off the “Shutter sound option.
- Launch the Snapchat app to take your pictures quietly.
Note: This method is only for Android users, as iPhones or iPads do not permit users to alter their camera settings.
Related: How to Backup Photos on Snapchat
Method 2: Turning Down the Volume of Your Device
An alternative method for reducing the camera sound on Snapchat involves turning down the device volume of your smartphone:
- The volume buttons can be located on the sides of your phone, with Android devices typically featuring them on the right side, while iOS devices have them on the left.
- Locate the volume down button.
- Press it down to reduce your phone’s volume.
This method applies to both Android and iphone users.
Method 3: Turning On the “Do Not Disturb” Mode
Recent devices have a “do not disturb” feature to deactivate all sounds and notifications that might disrupt your focus. This method applies to both Android and iphone users.
- On an Android phone, swipe down to access your notification panel. On an iOS device, swipe up to open your control center.
- You’ll see the “Do not disturb (DND) icon in the control center or notification panel.
- Tap on it to turn off the shutter sound when taking your snaps.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are some of the frequent questions people ask, which result in issues they still need to address.
Why does Snapchat have a camera sound?
Snapchat includes a camera sound as a privacy measure to notify those nearby when a photo or video is captured.
Can you mute the camera sound on Snapchat?
Although there is no direct option to switch off the camera sound on Snapchat, it is now possible to do so by activating “Silent mode” or directly turning off the shutter sound.
Will muting your phone impact the audio in a recorded video on Snapchat?
No, it does not. The mute or “Do Not Disturb” option does not impact the audio in your Snapchat videos.
How do you turn the camera sound back on?
If you’ve followed the instructions, you can revisit them to undo any modifications you’ve made.
You can turn on the camera shutter sound for Android through the app settings. For iOS, unmute the phone.
Following these methods outlined in this short piece will help you turn off the turnoff camera sound on Snapchat. Just follow each of them carefully to achieve it.